Thursday, October 25, 2012

Severed Heads, Broken Hearts

Hello,

I made my first foray into the graphic arts to make an entry into this little competition by an author of whom you probably haven't heard (Robyn Schneider. Pseudonyms include: Violet Haberdasher). Her new book is titled Severed Heads, Broken Hearts, and in the novel, a little Asian child gets his head chopped off on a roller coaster ride at Disney Land on the first page, so you know it's going to be pretty awesome.

Anyway, she challenged her followers on Twitter and Tumblr to create a cover for the book. The official details are here. Right, she does Youtube videos as well. So, I decided I would attempt to create something despite my complete lack of knowledge on the subject because the slight opportunity that I could win a signed ARC. But hey! I watched ATH do this sort of thing for three years when I lived with that fellow. So, I should, with some sort of magical Georgia Tech osmosis, be able to do this! Anyway, without further ado here is my attempt to create art.


She reads the first chapter of the book here, in case you're curious to hear about the magical decapitation (it's magical because it happens at Disney!).

[Insert catchy sign off here]

No comments:

Post a Comment